Transportation Sources in Jay County
For your company, ease of transportation and their associated costs can be a major factor in the location of a new facility. Jay County, Indiana is located in close proximity to some of the nation’s major highway systems – I-69, a major north-south interstate and 1-75 another major north-south corridor. In addition, we are within a few miles of I-70, one of the most traveled east-west interstates in the nation.
Whatever your company desires, we can meet your transportation needs in Jay County, Indiana.
- Major highways serving Jay County: U.S. 27, State Road 67, 26
- Interstates: I-69 – west of Jay County – 30 miles – (north-south)
- I-75 – east of Jay County – 60 miles – (north-south)
- I-70 – south of Jay County – 45 miles (east-west)
Norfolk-Southern serves Jay County
Distance to nearest inter-modal facility (piggyback) – 32 miles
Amtrak passenger service available in Connersville, Indiana (60 miles south) and Waterloo, Indiana (70 miles north)
- ABF Freight Systems Boyle Enterprises, Inc.
- Broadway Trucking, Inc. Cloverleaf Services
- Con-way Central Express Cornerstone Enterprises
- Cross Carrier E M Transfer Co.
- LPI Paving and Excavating LS Transport, Inc.
- McCammon Trucking, Inc. Stoops
Other delivery and pick-up services – UPS, FedEx, RPS and DHL
- Local Private/Commercial Airport – Portland Municipal Airport
5,000 ft runway – Lighting available
- Commercial Airports: Fort Wayne International (45 miles – north); Dayton International (60 miles – east) and Indianapolis International (90 miles – south)
- Airlines Available: Delta, American, United Express, US Airways, Northwest, Allegiant Air, Southwest, Frontier, Air Canada, and AirTran